Friday 2 July 2021

A Defeat in Detail...

Winning is not about the biggest battles.


It's about consistency of winning, small engagement after small engagement over time, until eventually your enemy's conquered and this can apply to warfare, dating or business.


Success in business doesn't come from a big win or a magical Monday. It comes from consistent, successful action.


Every single day comes from answering your emails in a timely fashion.


Every day comes from working on your blog, working on your podcast, working on your book, whatever you're working on, and putting in one or two hours every day of really, really high efficiency work.


Because when you do that, you become limitless. That's where real power lies.


It's not in the person who has a massive day and hits a home run and then strikes out week after week after week until the next home run a month later. Now we're playing money ball.


You want to break down your day into process.


As I mentioned in the first email in this series, process is how I overcome my fears.


Every single task that I'm approaching, I break it down into the smallest steps possible.


Now, in business, I do this with project management software and checklists.


I make a checklist of every single little task that has to be done for this piece of work, and every time I finish a step and I get to click that checkbox, I get hit a dopamine.


My body says, you hit a goal that feels good.


The mistake many of us make is at the end of the day, we didn't have any checklists. We didn't have any goals, so we just kind of have a vague feeling of whether it was a good or bad day and you go, did you accomplish anything? I'm not really sure. I can't remember what I did.


But when you have checklists and you have tracking, you could say, I did 17 tasks today. I completed 17 things in the same way.


I broke down dating into a process, and that's why I succeeded. My dating process begins when the workday ends, and I used to have a very long and very complicated ritual.


In fact, I was interviewed for a few different articles about my dating ritual at the time which had nothing to do with other people.


People would ask about how I would get myself into the zone or comfortable enough to talk to strangers, which was my greatest fear.


And it would begin by listening to the right music, having a whole process for how I get dressed, how I do my hair, how I shower, the order in which I put on my clothes, how I choose which watch to wear, which belt to wear, the music I listened to as I'm walking to or driving to a riding on the subway, to the venue, how I talked to the bouncer at the door.


I used to have a rule that I do not talk to strangers before my first drink so that I have a buffer between my fear and the first conversation.


So all the while I'm getting more and more excited and I don't have to worry because the first drink is all about me.


Once I finished that drink and I went to order my second drink, then I talked to the first person who was anywhere near me.


And by then, because I followed a process of tiny, tiny steps when I'm getting dressed, I'm just thinking about getting dressed and because I'm able to focus on the small detail, the fear isn't there.


So when you approach your business and you're afraid of failure, afraid of success, or you're afraid that something won't work, just work on the process.


More about this tomorrow.



To Your Success!


Steve.

Master Online Entrepreneur

   

No comments:

Post a Comment